Friday, March 15, 2013

Beam up, Scotty




Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. ''Matthew 6:10''
Do you think He was really serious about that? Do you think that could really happen? Or, was he just kind of blowing smoke? Are those just pretty words? See, it`s interesting to me. Jesus never taught His followers to pray, "God, get me out of here so I can go up there." He never taught us to pray the Star Trek prayer. Remember any time somebody got in trouble in Star Trek, what was their prayer? "Beam me up, Scotty." Jesus didn`t say, "pray this prayer: Father who art in Heaven, beam me up."
-- A lot of people, many Christians unfortunately, believe that my job is to get the after life destination taken care of and then kind of tread water until we all get ejected and God comes and torches this whole place.? That is not what Jesus taught. He never said, "pray like this: Get me out of here so I can go up there." He said, "pray, `oh God, oh God, make up there come down here into my life and into my home group, into my church, my office, my school, my family, my neighborhood, my city, my country, this whole, sorry, dark world!? God, make up there come down here."

No comments:

Post a Comment