Monday, October 31, 2011

Ravi Zacharias' Book Club

Okay, so Ravi Zacharias does not actually have a book club, but he should! I was learning in my media class that Oprah has helped to shape book sales and popularity because any book selected in her list automatically becomes a bestseller. Her list was great and even helped me to discover a Haitian author, Edwidge Danticat, who's books have helped to mould my identity as a Haitian-American during my high school years.

I've listened to many of Ravi Zacharias' lectures for a little over three years and he is different than most Christian apologists in that he has an astute knowledge of literature that has helped him to be more open-minded in his discussions. Below are the beginnings of a list that he has mentioned that I have selected to be a part of his fictitious book club:

The Portrait of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
Are Woman Human?, Dorothy Sayers
Letters to Malcolm, C.S. Lewis

I can write reviews on each as soon as I get the opportunity. I'll include good sayings and quips that I have highlighted in each novel. The stories are often rich in dialogue and character development and they never disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment